Sunday, December 28, 2008

Date Update

I mentioned a few posts ago that I had started up communication with a guy (T.) on the online dating site I joined that seemed promising. Well over the two weeks that followed, we kept exchanging emails through the site - very lengthy and in depth emails, and after the third or fourth exchange he asked me out. I said yes and we made plans to meet up for dinner at a restaurant in my town. Last night was the date and I'm still reviewing everything that happened in my mind and trying to read all the signs. Ah, dating... it's a constant game ;)

Anyway, the date got off to a little bit of a rough start because he was late. I got to the restaurant about 10 minutes early and sat in the car and waited for about 15 minutes there. I had a view of the front door and I was hoping he would make an appearance there and I would go out and meet him then. However, by 6:05, I couldn't see him, so I decided to get out and go wait by the door. Another 10 minutes or so passed and I was starting to worry that I was being stood up. I had given him my cell # ahead of time in case we couldn't find each other, but I didn't have his. Then I saw a car come into the parking lot in what looked like a hurry (having to stop rather abruptly to avoid hitting some pedestrians... lol) and then once he parked he sprinted up to the door, out of breath and apologizing like crazy. Apparently he got lost on the way. He even got out his phone and showed me that he had tried to call me several times, but apparently he had written down my number wrong. So, despite the fact that it was a little annoying waiting around, I found this whole display pretty endearing. Plus it broke the ice right away. Then as we walked into the restaurant, one of the hosts opened the door for both of us and he jokingly was like "oh, come on" because he wanted to hold the door for me. Very cute :)

Speaking of cute, so was he. and as we ate and talked we found out we have an incredible amount of things in common. He was so easy to talk to and I really felt like I was being myself the whole time. After dinner we decided to go to a movie and then after that, he proposed going to get coffee. Unfortunately the coffee place was only open until 11 so that's when we called it a night. Although, after that he did kind of seem like he wanted to find something else to do but there really just wasn't anywhere else that was open. During coffee, he really started to open up to me and told me some pretty deep stuff about himself. Some serious stuff about him too. I've got to think that he felt like he could trust me by that point to tell me this stuff.

He insisted on opening every door for me all night and he paid for everything, despite me trying to pay for my half at every opportunity. I'm totally not used to that.

There was no goodnight kiss or any physical contact at all during the date. Also, we didn't make any plans to meet up again before we parted (bad signs). However, after I got in my car and started on my way home, he called me on my cell phone and left a voicemail (it was in my purse on silent). In the message he said how he had a good time and he realized I didn't have his number so he was calling so I could have it (good sign).

So now today I haven't heard from him or seen him online, but I'm not giving up hope yet. I'll be honest, I like him a lot and could absolutely see this going somewhere. I hate this part now though, because I have to wait and I just might be the most impatient person alive. I'm considering emailing him tomorrow or the next day if I don't hear from him, just to say I had a great time and see if he wants to do something again sometime. I'm going to hold off as long as I can before I do that though, because obviously I want him to contact me first, plus I don't want to come off as too pushy. We'll see what happens.

No comments: