Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Last Day Off

Today I'm off from work as the last day of my bereavement time off and all the time to myself is predictably starting to get to me. I've been trying my hardest to resist sending my ex an email since I woke up this morning. It's been about a week since we last talked, and that conversation was horrible. I just want to talk to him, as a friend. We had agreed when we first broke up that we would try to be friends and this was very important to both of us. However, last week when we fought again, post-breakup, he told me he needed a few weeks of no contact. So, I have to stick to that. I know that logically, but emotionally it's incredibly difficult. So much has happened in my life since the breakup and I just want to tell him about it all. But I have to keep reminding myself that I can't and that he needs time away.

On the plus side, I officially got promoted at work as of yesterday. Yes, it's true I wasn't in the office, but in an effort to stay busy I checked my work email and found the offer letter waiting for me. My new position starts on October 1st and they offer they gave me was better than I was expecting. I'm looking forward to getting all of that moving when I get back to the office tomorrow and honestly it'll be pretty nice to have something to keep me busy for 9 hours a day again.

No comments: