Thursday, January 8, 2009

I hate this part

I last saw T on Sunday morning and during our time together Sat night/Sunday morning I got so many good signals from him. He told me he had some out of town friends coming in for a last minute visit this week - they would be arriving Sunday afternoon and leaving Friday morning. He even told me that if it wasn't weird for me, I would be welcome to join them doing something this week. Totally good signal: he wanted me to meet his friends! Now, despite the fact that I stayed over at his place on Sat, there was no funny business. But he did say so many sweet things to me like how he thought I was so pretty ("you're really pretty, you know that?") and he asked me about religion and politics. Basically, it was a great date, again, and things were progressing nicely.

However, I haven't heard a word from him since he dropped me off on Sunday. I know he's got guests, but what happened to the invitation to hang out with them? And just because he has people visiting, does that really mean it's okay for him to completely cut me out? I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt all week, because I know it's early in our relationship (if you can call it that yet) and he hasn't seen these friends in ages. But that brings us to the next point. Yesterday afternoon, I sent him an email asking him if he would be up for being my date at a work event on Friday. Haven't heard anything back yet and it's starting to worry me. I basically need to know one way or another if he's going now because the event is tomorrow after work and plans have to be made. I texted him a few hours ago asking if he'd gotten my email. Nothing yet. So is he ignoring me? Or is he busy? I really don't want to call him in addition to that because I feel like that would push me over the edge in his mind into "nagging" mode or something. I think I may have to though if I don't hear from him, otherwise how will I know what I'm doing tomorrow?

Gah, why can't boys just be better about this kind of stuff. I hate all this wondering.

ETA: I called and left him a voicemail. I've officially done all I can and maybe now I can stop obsessing.

No comments: