Monday, October 13, 2008

One week later...

Remember my last entry, where I mentioned how things were starting to turn around and I was feeling good? Not more than a few hours later and that notion was promptly blown to bits when a mutual friend of P and myself signed online and unceremoniously told me he no longer wanted to be my friend. And oh, he did not hold back on all the bad feelings he had pent up toward me. Needless to say, this set me back a little and the downward spiral resumed.

Luckily I had a lot of fun distractions this weekend. On Friday, my friend had her 25th birthday party which, though small, was really what I needed. It was good to get out and have some fun conversations with people. We were going to go to a bar after dinner, but the party was split on what to do and we just ended up calling it a night. This past week was also my father's birthday and Saturday we had our family party for him. Due to the recent traumas in my life, I decided to make it a whole weekend at home and stayed over that night. I hadn't told my mother about the defriending but by the time I got home from their house last night, she had emailed me asking if anything was wrong. Very perceptive, my mother is. At that point I decided to tell her and I'm glad I did because she made me feel a lot better about it. In her first email back to me, she went off on my ex, calling him a "wimp", among other things. Strangely, I think that was exactly what I needed to hear.

And so, life moves forward.

No comments: